As your trusted migration law firm, Migration Guru is here to keep you informed about exciting developments in the world of Australian immigration. We are pleased to share the latest information regarding the Innovation and Early Careers Skills Exchange Pilot (IECSEP) between the United Kingdom and Australia. This innovative visa pathway promises exciting opportunities for UK citizens looking to advance their careers in Australia. Let’s delve into the details.
IECSEP: A Pathway to Career Advancement:
The Innovation and Early Careers Skills Exchange Pilot (IECSEP) has been established as part of the Australia-United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement. It is designed to foster deeper economic ties between these two nations while offering promising prospects to eligible UK citizens. IECSEP features two distinct streams, each tailored to meet the diverse needs of potential applicants:
1. Innovation Stream:
– This stream allows highly skilled and experienced innovators to work in Australia for up to three years.
– Eligible candidates will work in occupations defined at the ANZSCO Skill Level 1.
2. Early Careers Stream:
– Geared towards tertiary-qualified individuals aged 21 to 45, this stream offers a one-year stay in Australia.
– Applicants should have a minimum of three months’ work experience in their current role and work in occupations defined at the ANZSCO Skill Levels 1-3.
Important Pilot Details:
IECSEP is a two-year pilot program with limited places available:
– In 2023-24, there will be 1000 places.
– In 2024-25, an additional 2000 places will be offered.
Applications for IECSEP are now open, with the application round closing on 20 November 2023. To be eligible for this program, applicants must have a confirmed job in Australia and are required to remain with their employer for the duration of the visa.
Under IECSEP, successful applicants can engage in various career-enhancing activities, including:
– Graduate rotations
– Intra-company transfers between their UK employer and partnering Australian organizations
– Commencing a new role in Australia
Applicants planning to work in regulated occupations in Australia must possess current Australian occupational licensing without any conditions or restrictions. For comprehensive guidance, applicants and prospective Australian employers can refer to the IECSEP Guidebook for detailed information.
Applications for participation in IECSEP will be processed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Successful applicants will receive a letter of support from DFAT, enabling them to apply for a Temporary Work (International Relations) subclass 403 visa (Government Agreement stream) through the Department of Home Affairs.
Get in Touch:
If you have any questions or require further clarification regarding the IECSEP, please don’t hesitate to contact with Migration Guru
The Innovation and Early Careers Skills Exchange Pilot (IECSEP) is a remarkable opportunity for UK citizens to further their careers in Australia. As your dedicated migration law firm, Migration Guru is here to assist you at every step of your journey. If you’re considering IECSEP or have questions about Australian immigration, feel free to reach out to us. We’re here to help you achieve your dreams Down Under