The Australian Federal Police (AFP) can provide National Police Checks for:
- residents of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Jervis Bay Territory and external Commonwealth territories
- people seeking employment with the Commonwealth Government
- people requiring a check under Commonwealth legislation
- Australian immigration purposes
- where the applicant resides overseas
- overseas employment
- overseas adoption
- visa applications for overseas travel.
All other applicants should contact the Criminal Records section of their relevant State or Territory police service.